DISPLAY YOU PRIDE
Now you can show your true colours all year long, whether at your local pride parade, a trip to the beach, a picnic, over your dinner table or from you balcony.
You put the sparkle in to the rainbow nation so take a stand and give them the razzle dazzle.
The Gay Flag of SA show that you are both “FIERCE” and proud of being a South African and being queer – and that you can hold your head up high.
Some ideas for using the flag:
- pride parade as a cape or on a stick
- a beach or picnic blanket,
- a table cloth
- a sarong
- a turban
- a gift for a family member or friend who just came out of the closet.
All flags have 2 eyelets and can be displayed on a flag pole and are made of durable 100D polyester for all sort of weather conditions.
The flags can also be popped into the laundry with the colours staying fast and bright.
Your generosity enables us to:
- initiate and manage national petitions, protests and collaborations to promote LGBTI equality and advocacy initiatives.
- to do education and skills training workshops for grassroots activists
- to work on projects where we consult prominent organizations on LGBTI rights and why they should support them
- go on our national tour to promote acceptance and sensitivity on LGBTI issues.
Here are some of our achievements:
- launched the Gay Flag of South Africa to an audience of 7000 at MCQP:
- been present at every major gay pride in South Africa, whilst promoting the events through social media marketing and blogging for on occasion for Cape Town Tourism, whilst also making large 60 square meter flags available for the parades.
- launched the worlds first and only national gay tour very much like Priscilla Queen of the Desert and consistently blogged and gave a voice to every person on the tour to blog and tweet. (which will soon kick off again in conjunction with a national talent search for performers to join in the tour.
- community work arranging press conferences for victims of corrective rape and violence, sending out press releases.
- set up a national coalition of LGBTI organizations to protect gay rights within the constitution of South Africa which reached 3000 + facebook members in a weekend
- launched and managed a successful petition winning 7 000 votes in a week asking for a refutation of a succesful protest to review gay rights in the constitution of South Africa.
- initiated, organized and facilitated a national protest in Jo’burg (1200 people) CPT, Durban and PE (all with 300+ people) against the review of gay rights in the South African constitution. This march was deemed by many as the largest LGBTI protest action in the new democracy of South Africa.
Compact and Fabulous!
This is a flag for the fag on the go.
Small, but visible enough to make an impact on a pride parade, to cheer up you desk, windowsil or from your car’s rear view mirror.
Made from durable polyester. You can wash it and keep it for years.
Friends who care, share. So do buy more than one.
All the colours of the rainbow on your wrist.
Discreet enough not to have passersby do a double take,
but a clear indication to fellow “family” on which team you play.
Imprinted on the rainbow bangle is the words “South Africa” showing your pride in being a queer South African. Great gifts for foreign friends.
One size fits all, soft and durable rubber.